About Me

My photo
I started cooking as a kid and have found it to be a passion for me throughout my life. I've worked in a cooking specialty store, ran a catering company and most importantly, fed my family and expressed my love for them through food.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Porkchops taste good.


I am proud that my 5 year old daughter understands that pork is pig and that bacon and sausage and pork chops are pork because frankly, pig tastes good.  There, I said it.

Here is a fast, easy, few-ingredient recipe for Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Take 2 thick or medium cut pork chops...season on both side well with salt and pepper and drop into a super hot skillet with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil in it.  Brown well on both sides (about 3-4 minutes per side) and transfer to a baking dish with sides.  You're looking for a deep golden brown crust here.  Pop in the oven for about 20 minutes depending upon the thickness of the pork.

Lower the heat to medium and then into the "pork chop pan" saute 2 tablespoons of finely chopped shallots (can sub red onion in a pinch).  Saute for about 2-3 minutes.  Next...measure out 1/4 cup of brown sugar (light or dark, no matter but must be brown) and 1/3 cup of good balsamic vinegar.  Add both sugar and vinegar to shallots, stiring to combine.  NOTE...the acidity of the vinegar will burn yer nose if you are standing right over it when you dump it in...be warned.  Keep stiring to get the browned bits off the bottom of the pan and cooking over medium for about 2-3 minutes.  DONE with the glaze!  Now just take the beautiful pig chops out of the oven, and place into the glaze pan, along with any drippings they gave off.  Flip em over a few times to coat.  Serve with some rice and veg or maybe some risotto!  When you serve em, make certain to drizzle a little extra glaze over the top. 

Happy Pig Eatin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment